Achieving Concrete Essentials
What is a Social Enterprise = A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in financial, social and environmental well-being and that can help you gain a solid footing in the labour market and help identify your career goals.
Are you currently…
On Social Assistance?
Looking for career options?
Do you have an idea for a business?
Earn while you learn!
Application Deadline: November 8, 2019 (APPLICATION CLOSED)
Program Start: January 20, 2020
Ace Program Teams are made up of approximately 10 to 14 individuals who learn and collaborate together. You will experience:
1—On the job training
Participants will focus on such topics as interpersonal development, communication skills, employability skills and general awareness on several topics.
Guest speakers from various organizations and businesses share employment opportunities, personal success stories, and general career building information.
3– Launching a business
Real on the job experience, operating and maintaining a business, understanding what goes into the launch and upkeep of a business.
At the end of the program you will:
- Better understand your personal priorities, including what type of work would best fit your aspirations and potential skills;
- Know more about community resources, needs and organizations;
- Have more insight into who you are, including what motivates you;
- Be capable and experienced in the planning and operating of a business;
- Have real on-the-job experience;
- Have increased competence and self-confidence in accomplishing your goals;
- Be oriented towards and have an understanding of social enterprises
For more information contact
Lou Ann Stacey, Facilitator/Social Enterprise Coordinator
Charles Taylor, Administrative and Financial Assistant