The Workforce Development team is available to provide you with the resources and tools you’ll need in order to make an informed decision about your career choice and prepare you to take some of the first steps on your career journey. Employment Counselors provide one-on-one sessions to work with you to determine where your interests and strengths lay, what your work experiences have been, and can assist you in choosing a career that’s right for you.
Our Employment Counselors will guide you through these important steps that include:
- Interest assessments and skill inventories to assist you in deciding what you want to do.
- Providing labour market information – what is the demand for jobs in the field that you’ve chosen?
- An assessment of your current educational background to determine if you are qualified for the path you’ve chosen.
- The development of a career/action plan.
- If needed, assistance with choosing and applying for a school or training program that will give you the skills you’ll need for your career choice.
- Support and guidance through scheduled one-on-one sessions to discuss your progress
- Providing the resources for tutoring, if needed.
- Once you have completed your training program, we will provide assistance with job search techniques, resumes, cover letters, and interview skills.
No matter where you are on your career path – if you haven’t chosen a path yet, if you’re just about ready to take your first steps, or are considering changing paths, the Workforce Development team is ready to support and guide you through your journey to success.
Items to bring for your first employment counselling session:
¨ Resume (if you have one)
¨ Registration receipt
¨ Course fee list
¨ School calendar (including start and end dates of your program)
¨ Birth certificates of children (if applicable)
¨ Any information missing from your E&T registration form (ex: SIN, Band Number, etc.)
Click here to access the client registration form.
Rights & Responsibilities in Employment Counselling – Client & Counselor