Tewatohnhi’saktha’s investment policy is based on a number of principles. The Business should:
- Be environmentally sound and sustainable.
- Not be detrimental to the social and economic harmony of Kahnawake.
- Have a low to medium risk projection.
- Not exceed $5 million equity requirement from Tewatohnhi’saktha.
- If it is a corporation with shareholders, a Partnership, or Joint Venture located in Kahnawake, make allowances for Tewatohnhi’saktha to maintain a controlling interest. In addition, prospective partners must have equity.
- Be respectful of all cultures, especially Mohawk.