As a business, you can access additional support from a variety of business agencies and we encourage you to learn what services are available to you.
Aboriginal business Canada (ABC)
5, Place Ville Marie
7th floor, Suite 700
Telephone (514) 283-1830
Fax (514) 283-1843
Aboriginal Business Canada (ABC) provides financial assistance, information, resource materials, and referrals to other possible sources of financing or business support.
Clients must be individuals of Canadian Indian, Metis, or Inuit heritage, or majority-owned Aboriginal organizations or development corporations.
Specific priorities for consideration are innovation, trade and market expansion, tourism, youth entrepreneurship development, and strengthening Aboriginal financial and business development organizations.
If you are already operating a business, you may be eligible for business planning, capital costs, marketing and business support financing related to activities that include:
- Expanding sales into other regional, national or international markets;
- Improving your business processes, productivity or sales through technology or other improvements, including use of information and communications technologies in commercial applications; and
- Developing, enhancing and commercializing new or existing products, technologies, systems and processes.
CESO Aboriginal services
CESO Aboriginal Services
615, Rene Levesque Ouest
Telehone: (514) 875-7226
Fax: (514) 875-6928
The services provided by CESO Aboriginal Services fall into four main sectors:
- Business Support Services – Working with entrepreneurs, organizations and communities in the areas of marketing/feasibility studies, business plans, lands and resources, and funding.
- General Administration/Organizational Development – Working with communities, organizations, businesses in relation to financial and accounting systems, audits, human resource development, and manufacturing quality control.
- Community Services, Planning and Resource Management – Working with communities in the areas of housing, education, health, community planning, and land use planning.
- Governance/Leadership Workshops – Working with senior levels of Bands, Communities, Board of Directors in the areas of conflict resolution, roles and responsibilities, communications, and how to govern.
Services for aboriginal business
Information Distribution Centre
Communications and Marketing Branch
Room 268D, West Tower
235 Queen Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5
This publication contains a wide range of programs and initiatives offered by the Government of Canada that can assist Aboriginal entrepreneurs and community ventures, and provides information on the following topics:
- Creating a Plan for Your Business
- Finding Out About Business Regulations
- Support for Your Community-Based Business
- Financial and Advisory Services, Region-Specific Services
- Human Resources and Your Business
- Expanding Into New Markets
- Taking Advantage of Procurement Opportunities
- Sector-Specific Services
- E-Commerce and Your Business
This publication is available upon request in multiple formats. Contact the Information Distribution Center.