Tewatohnhi’saktha’s Workforce Development Training Program provides financial support to individuals who are currently employed at a privately owned businesses who require professional development / upgrading to retain and / or enhance their current employment due to:
- New human resource needs;
- Succession planning;
- Technological advances in their workplace.
Applicants must meet the following funding requirements:
- Listed on the Mohawks of Kahnawà:ke Registry or the Federal Registry for the Mohawks of Kahnawà:ke.
- Must be in good standing with Tewatohnhi’saktha.
- Must be working for a privately owned business.
- The training must come recommended by the employer and immediate supervisor. In the case where it is a private business owner requesting training for an employee, a letter of support from their Tewatohnhi’saktha Business Services Officer, or co-owner, is recommended.
- The training must be directly related to the employee’s major job responsibilities/position.
Employment and Training will contribute up to a maximum of $1,500.00 per fiscal year towards the cost of training only. Allocation of funding will be provided based on the size of the business:
– Micro (1 – 4 employees) 100%
– Medium to Large (50 – 500+ employees) 50%
– Small (5 – 49 employees) 75%
- The Workforce Development Training Program will not cover the costs of seminars and/or conferences.
- Funding must be pre-approved before the employee attends the training.
- Travel may be paid according to the Employment & Training B Measure Policy.
Complete an Employment & Training registration form and submit an updated resume.
Submit a letter of request to the attention of the Workforce Development Coordinator. The letter of request should indicate:
- Details of the training (name of program, location, duration, cost, etc.);
- Need / reason for the training;
- What the employee will gain from the training.
If you are a sole proprietor please complete both the employee and employer requirements.
Provide any documents relevant to the training program (i.e. course outline / syllabus, cost sheet, etc.). Upon receipt of all necessary documents, the Workforce Development Coordinator will bring the request to an Employment & Training proposal meeting for review / approval
Criteria for approval:
- Meets all eligibility requirements
- Application documents are complete
- The request is in alignment with the objectives of the Workforce Development Training Program
- Priority will be given to individuals working at Kahnawá:ke businesses.
If approved, Employment & Training will reimburse the employer upon receipt of proof of payment and verification of the successful completion of the training program. For more information contact the Workforce Development Coordinator Tewatohnhi’saktha