Tewatohnhi’saktha seeking information on Kahnawa:ke’s Labour Market
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Kahnawà:ke (Onerahtohkó:wa/May 30, 2022)
Tewatohnhi’saktha has solicited the services of PlanIt Consulting & Communications to collect labour market information from businesses and organizations in Kahnawà:ke to identify existing jobs and jobs that are needed now and in the future. Data collection will begin June 6 to August 31, 2022.
PlanIt Consulting & Communications will be completing this data collection via e-mail, telephone, in person appointment, and kiosks. It is expected that interviews will take no more than 15 minutes to complete. The data collected will be shared with the community as a consolidated report and will be used by Tewatohnhi’saktha in the following ways:
- Influence future program and service delivery
- Identify workforce gaps and provide relevant training opportunities to assist businesses in filling vacancies
- Identify needs for skilled trades people and skills professionals
- Support the development of Kahnawà:ke’s existing workforce
- Enhance job matching
- Identify current and future educational requirements for various employment opportunities.
“We encourage all businesses and organizations to participate; once the data collection has concluded, we will be in a better position to support our existing and potential workforce and businesses succeed” said Angie Marquis, Director of Workforce Development.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact Maris Jacobs, PlanIT Consulting and Communications at email@example.com or call 514-971-8077.
Marketing & Tourism Manager